Professional writing assistance
Top 15 Most Interesting Popular Culture Essay Topics
Popular culture is very relevant for all of us. Pop culture is different form the high arts, because it is designed to appeal to all of us, and this brings up some very specific ramifications that are worth considering. So when writing an interesting popular culture essays, here are some topics that are sure to wow any audience.
- How does the music we listen to dictate who we are friends with? Music is very important for socializing and maintaining an identity, so the choices made can affect ones social life. How is this?
- What value do people put in counterculture for the sake of it? Are movements sometimes embraced because they, perhaps childishly, are designed to anger ones parents?
- 4chan, disco, and other popular cultures have something called the little brother effect. An old group of people create a niche pop culture movement, such as disco or an image board, and younger siblings of those in it think it is cool and want to participate. When they do, they end up not understanding and destroying the original movement. Discuss.
- How does the internet change our tastes in popular culture?
- What kind of ethical responsibility do artists have when they make pop culture, and they responsible for what it causes people to think?
- Discuss the decline and soon to be the death of the American Soap Opera.
- What does celebrity worship do to our brains, and how does this effect our general worldview? How does celebrity worship differ from hero worship?
- How pervasive are racism and sexism in our popular culture, and what can we do to combat this?
- Is popular culture the way we define the social ideals of each generation, and how can pop culture promote social change?
- It seems that it would be easy to churn out low quality pop culture, and many companies are accused of doing this. Is there any validity to these claims?
- Why do we have artists like Ke$ha, who are obviously musically talented but sell out to pop music distributors to make low quality repetitive music?
- It is often noted that the discerning taste in a media is very different form the popular taste. For example, consider 50 Shades of Grey, the most popular book in the world, but all reviews decry it as garbage. Why does this happen?
- How does social media effect what movies we want to watch and who we see it with?
- Piracy has a weird relationship with popular culture, what is the ultimate effect of it on our media?
- What is the best popular culture, objectively?